Implementation of Asset Management Strategy
Views > Strategy > Best Practice > Implementation of Asset Management Strategy
Implementation of Asset Management Strategy
GP Sibanyoni, Member, Project Manager, South Africa
Implementation of an Asset Management Strategy:
Job Requirements for Asset Manager:
- Efficiently and effectively manage the key activities related to the Maintenance departments, in order to meet business and customer requirements.
- Ensure adherence to schedule in order to meet customer delivery deadlines, in full and on time, preventative schedules.
- Implement a continuous improvement plan to increase production output and reduce spoilage.
- Drive operational excellence and exercise good housekeeping.
- Manage the department budgets and exercise cost control.
- Manage the department to ensure that labour allocations are optimized.
- Ensure effective recruitment, training of staff in using the asset management system, and performance management are implemented throughout the department, taking future organizational requirements into account.
- Manage and be actively involved in the quality assurance process in order to ensure adherence to company quality standards and conformance to customer requirements.
- Create a health and safety culture, and ensure that all activities within the department comply with statutory and company requirements.
- Good understanding of the risk control and safety standards.
- Work closely with the logistics manager and sales managers to ensure that the raw materials requirements are met in accordance with forecasts.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are handled promptly and that corrective and preventive actions are put in place to curb recurrence.
- Manage master data change in the system.
- Identify master data change requirement Identify the master data that needs to be created or changed
- Approve master data request requests need to be approved by the engineering / maintenance manager.
- Check availability with production assign labour required assign stock material requirements materials and services sub process.
- Assign external services and /or materials external services.
- Assign documents or additional resources any drawings or technical documentation required in order to perform the work order task are assigned to the operations of the order.
- Allocate labour to work order allocated labour to work order within the asset management system. If a work order or schedule is allocated to a person the work is seen as scheduled.
- Applicable feedback on work orders to be monitored.
- Overall responsibility for the technical control and maintenance of the plant.
- Management of the internal processes of the technical department, ensuring that:
- Planned maintenance programme is correctly implemented and controlled in line with the company standards and budgets.
- Line efficiencies, spoilages losses and consumables consumption levels are optimised.
- All downtime is analysed and preventative action taken to minimise it.
- Quality of workmanship is to the desired standard.
- Continuously improving and optimising processes by effective analysis and implementation of systems and procedures to maximise equipment availability.
- Management of utilities, SLA (service level agreement) compressors, transformers, water, power and gas.
- Driving quality and ensure electrical and mechanical standards are enforced.
- Optimising maintenance spend and keeping to agreed budget levels.
- Optimise spares stock holding through regular reviews of reorder levels and frequencies.
- Management of safety, health and environment and risk for the operation.
- Management of human capital in the technical department.
- Compiling monthly and weekly reports on maintenance effectiveness and expenditure.
- Responsible for building and general services maintenance
- Management of capital and capex projects.
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Government Certificate of Competency (GCC).
- Have manufacturing experience in a senior production or engineering role.
- Have sound planning & organising abilities.
- Systematic in solving people/process/technical problems.
- Excellent projects/process and people management skills.
- Have sound leadership capabilities, sound business management and analytical skills.
React | More on the Author | More on this Interest Area