Implementation of Asset Management Strategy
Views > Strategy > Best Practice > Implementation of Asset Management Strategy
Implementation of Asset Management Strategy
GP Sibanyoni, Member, Project Manager, South Africa
Implementation of Asset Management Strategy must come with standards E. G., OHSMS, ISO 55001.
Implementation of an Asset Management Strategy:
Job Requirements for Asset Manager:
- Efficiently and effectively manage the key activities related to the Maintenance departments, in order to meet business and customer requirements.
- Ensure adherence to schedule in order to meet customer delivery deadlines, in full and on time, preventative schedules.
- Implement a continuous improvement plan to increase production output and reduce spoilage.
- Drive operational excellence and exercise good housekeeping.
- Manage the department budgets and exercise cost control.
- Manage the department to ensure that labour allocations are optimized.
- Ensure effective recruitment, training of staff in using the asset management system, and performance management are implemented throughout the department, taking future organizational requirements into account.
- Manage and be actively involved in the quality assurance process in order to ensure adherence to company quality standards and conformance to customer requirements.
- Create a health and safety culture, and ensure that all activities within the department comply with statutory and company requirements.
- Good understanding of the risk control and safety standards.
- Work closely with the logistics manager and sales managers to ensure that the raw materials requirements are met in accordance with forecasts.
- Ensure that all customer complaints are handled promptly and that corrective and preventive actions are put in place to curb recurrence.
- Manage master data change in the system.
- Identify master data change requirement Identify the master data that needs to be created or changed
- Approve master data request requests need to be approved by the engineering / maintenance manager.
- Check availability with production assign labour required assign stock material requirements materials and services sub process.
- Assign external services and /or materials external services.
- Assign documents or additional resources any drawings or technical documentation required in order to perform the work order task are assigned to the operations of the order.
- Allocate labour to work order allocated labour to work order within the asset management system. If a work order or schedule is allocated to a person the work is seen as scheduled.
- Applicable feedback on work orders to be monitored.
- Overall responsibility for the technical control and maintenance of the plant.
- Management of the internal processes of the technical department, ensuring that:
- Planned maintenance programme is correctly implemented and controlled in line with the company standards and budgets.
- Line efficiencies, spoilages losses and consumables consumption levels are optimised.
- All downtime is analysed and preventative action taken to minimise it.
- Quality of workmanship is to the desired standard.
- Continuously improving and optimising processes by effective analysis and implementation of systems and procedures to maximise equipment availability.
- Management of utilities, SLA (service level agreement) compressors, transformers, water, power and gas.
- Driving quality and ensure electrical and mechanical standards are enforced.
- Optimising maintenance spend and keeping to agreed budget levels.
- Optimise spares stock holding through regular reviews of reorder levels and frequencies.
- Management of safety, health and environment and risk for the operation.
- Management of human capital in the technical department.
- Compiling monthly and weekly reports on maintenance effectiveness and expenditure.
- Responsible for building and general services maintenance
- Management of capital and capex projects.
- National Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.
- Government Certificate of Competency (GCC).
- Have manufacturing experience in a senior production or engineering role.
- Have sound planning & organising abilities.
- Systematic in solving people/process/technical problems.
- Excellent projects/process and people management skills.
- Have sound leadership capabilities, sound business management and analytical skills.
React | More on the Author | More on this Interest Area
About 12manage | Advertising | Link to us / Cite us | Privacy | Suggestions | Terms of Service
© 2020 12manage - The Executive Fast Track. V15.4 - Last updated: 21-2-2020. All names ™ of their owners.