Causes / Sources of Employee Stress: Stress Factors
Obviously, the best way to deal with work stress would depend on what's causing it. There are several ~categories of stress factors
you may want to consider:
A. ORGANIZATIONAL FACTORS. For example:
- Rigid, centralized or formal organization structure
- Low degree of participation in decision-making
- Excessive control over the employees by a manager
- Conflicting goals
- Ambiguous goals
- Ineffective communication
- Peer pressure
- Poor opportunities for advancement
- Discrimination in pay / salary structure
- Strict rules and regulations
B. JOB-RELATED FACTORS. For example:
- Monotonous nature of work
- Unhealthy working conditions
- Dangerous working conditions
- Lack of confidentiality
C. EXTRA-ORGANIZATIONAL FACTORS. For example:
- Economic crisis
- Technological change
- Social changes
D. INDIVIDUAL FACTORS. For example:
- Conflicting / not understanding / inability to comply with expectations from family members, peer, superior and subordinates have from the employee.
- Certain personality traits such as being impatient, aggressive, rigid, feeling time pressure, etc.
- Family issues, personal problems, financial problems, changes.
Hope this helps you to get started.