Blind - Deaf - Mute Marketing
Today many companies don't use marketing in an appropriate way. I name them Blind-Deaf-Mute companies. To help such companies to understand and change their behavior, I conceived the metaphor of Blind-Deaf-Mute Marketing (BDM Marketing):
- BLIND. When companies lack vigilance to identify opportunities (marketing opportunities) in market segments even in niches, I name them Blind. To overcome this weakness I recommend these companies to use more marketing research in order to identify marketing opportunities.
- DEAF. When companies are careless in listening to the market and customers, especially to the needs of customers, they are Deaf companies. They must produce goods and services according to customers' needs. In other words they must be customer-oriented companies.
- MUTE. When companies are unable to inform, advertise and introduce themselves to the market, they are Mute companies. They must advertise and introduce their goods and services to the market and customers.
So BDM Marketing has three major infrastructures
: 1. Marketing Research, 2. Customer-orientation and 3. Advertising.
How to institutionalize this concept and how to apply it in companies? But BDM marketing suggests the following 4 steps
1. Marketing research: to identify opportunities
2. Identify needs: they must be customer-oriented
3. Produce goods and services according to these needs
4. Advertising: advertise and introduce them self to the market and customers.