Time Management by Managers
🔥 What does time management look like for managers/leaders in the 21st century?
In answer to this question, I can provide following information. In general, it can be said that managers/leaders often improve their time management through the following steps:
- PRIORITIZATION: They set clear priorities and determine which tasks and projects are most important. They prioritise their tasks according to urgency and importance.
- DELEGATION: They delegate tasks to employees who are suitable for them and relieve themselves of less important tasks. This gives them more time for strategic decisions and long-term planning.
- EFFECTIVE MEETINGS: They plan meetings carefully to avoid wasting time. They define clear objectives and agendas, stick to timetables and ensure that all participants are informed and engaged.
- TIME BLOCKS: They organise their time in blocks and schedule specific tasks or projects at specific times. They avoid interruptions and stick to their schedules.
- USE TECHNOLOGY: They use technology such as calendars, to-do lists and project management tools to manage their time effectively. They rely on automation and digitalisation to save themselves time.
- SCHEDULE BREAKS: They also schedule breaks to recover, relieve stress and maintain their energy. They know that rest is just as important as work.
These steps help managers/leaders manage their time effectively and successfully complete their goals and tasks.
For my study, I would like to find out here from as many managers or leaders as possible how they specifically handle their time management in the 21st century.
What systems and what tools do you use for this? I am very curious about your experiences and thank you very much for your time!