PROs and CONs of Having a Virtual Assistant Compared to a Real, Physical Management Assistant
karl Hopson, Bangladesh, Member
There are so many PROs and CONs of having a virtual assistant compared to a real, physical management assistant. But I point out some of importent things:
1. The effectiveness of your working relationship with a VA would depend on the effectiveness of your communication. But it is easier to communicate with a real management assistant
2. Time zone differences. Assuming you can contract the services of a VA outside your time zone. You can't do this with a real management assistant
3. Your administrative staff isn't in the same office as you. But a real management assistant is normally in the same office.
4. Virtual staff comes with their own computer workstations, equipment and software: no extra office space, no extra desks, no computers and no software licenses required. But for a real management assistant, you need to arrange all those, costly.
5. A virtual assistant works from other place, then how can you be sure that s/heís working accurately. But you can know about working by communicate and also by various technology. But for a real management assistant, that is easier to check it out.
6. You can monitor your virtual assistantís work progress through time tracking tools and communication tools like instant messaging. A real management assistant can be monitored by yourself, face to face.
7. Virtual assistants are motivated to perform so that you give them a good referral or call on them for future work. Theyíre determined and dedicated. For a real management assistant, they are working look like: he need to do thatís why s/heís doing.
8. You are paying virtual assistants by the hour. But a real management assistant you normally need to pay on a monthly basic. Which is expensive.