Why Some Strategic Business Plans are Not Successful
Dr. Alan Williams, Professor, Thailand
True, many organizations have good realistic goals, often with some possible stretch and also often have good strategies to reach those goals.
But, of course, many don't reach the goals. In my experience as a long-term organization consultant the reasons for lack of success are often quite obvious:
- Internal barriers which put road blocks everywhere
- Cumbersome and slow decision making processes
- Lack of delegation of authority
- Lack of organization culture where all staff are encouraged, pushed and rewarded to be analytical, innovative.
- Large power gap can be also a road block.