New Strategic Planning Models

Strategic Planning
Knowledge Center

Forum

New Topic

sahel abshari
Manager, Iran

New Strategic Planning Models

Please if one of you can mention and summarize any new model(s) about strategic planning, please reply.
Or maybe you can recommend a good book that reviews new models of strategic planning. Thanks for identifying them to me!

  Bill Carter
Business Consultant, United States
 

Two Timeless Strategic Planning Classics

'Team-based Strategic Planning' and 'Implementing your Strategic Plan' by C. Davis Fogg are both the best foundation anyone can get in what strategic planning is all about and how to do it the correct way and thoroughly.
Fogg essentially says generating the plan is 30% of the process and relatively speaking the easy part of developing a business direction and strategy. The other 70% is its implementation. He suggests implementation is the "Achilles heal" of effective strategic planning. Poor or inept implementation ruins a great plan and strategic plannings reputation.
He also suggests that strategic planning should not be used to "get a company going again." often using strategic planning for that purpose will only make things worse. Unless it will be integrated into the day to day life of the enterprise like the accounting process, don't bother. These 2 books should be required reading in every MBA curriculum.

Participate and leave a comment
Exchanging your ideas stimulates your personal and professional development. And you can help other people! More info.

Start a new forum topic

 

More on Strategic Planning
Summary
Forum
🔥Wicked Problems and Strategy Approaches to Deal with Them
Strategy Means Directional Initiatives to Protect And/or Improve your Current Position
Objectives of Organisation
Why Strategic Planning is Essential
Classical Strategic Planning Process
How Leaders See Strategy Reviews
New Strategic Planning Models
Continuous Planning and Control
Markets > Vision > Strategy + Execution
Should Top Managers be Strategists?
The OGSM Framework
3 Main Activities of Strategic Planning
Brand Strategy for a Start-up
From Traditional to Innovative Strategic Planning
Strategic Planning and Power
Strategic Planning in an Opportunity for Involvement
Strategic Planning Models in Airline Industry
Strategic Plans Must be Used and Executed!
How to Help a Team Carry Out Strategic Planning
Shorten the Time Window of Strategic Plans
Overseeing Strategy and Strategic Oversight
Goals - Part of the Plan?
Best Practices
Is Strategic Planning Passé?
S T R A T E G Y Acronym
Strategic Planning must be Dynamic
Strategic Thinking versus Operational Thinking?
Factors in Strategic Decision Making
Why do Most Strategic Plans Fail?
Strategic Planning is about Elimination
Congruence Model Summary
Special Interest Group

Are you interested in Strategic Planning? Sign up for free

Notify your students

Copy this into your study materials:

and add a hyperlink to:

Link to this discussion

Copy this HTML code to your web site:

Strategic Planning
Knowledge Center



About 12manage | Advertising | Link to us / Cite us | Privacy | Suggestions | Terms of Service
© 2021 12manage - The Executive Fast Track. V15.8 - Last updated: 17-6-2021. All names ™ of their owners.