Great Questions to Assess the Strategic Impact of IT
What are the right questions at a time when digital technologies are beginning to disrupt industries and mastering these technologies may be the key to long-term survival and success?
1. How will IT change the basis of competition in our industry?
2. What will it take to exceed our customers’ expectations in a digital world?
3. Do our business plans reflect the full potential of technology to improve our performance?
4. Is our portfolio of technology investments aligned with opportunities and threats?
5. How will IT improve our operational and strategic agility?
6. Do we have the capabilities required to deliver value from IT?
7. Who is accountable for IT and how do we hold them to account?
8. Are we comfortable with our level of IT risk?
9. Are we making the most of our technology story?
Source: Paul Willmott, "The do-or-die questions boards should ask about technology", McKinsey Insights & Publications, June 2013