Senge´s Teaching on Learning Organizations
Jaime Fernandez V., Professor, Chile
I agree with Víctor Manuel and would like to add one comment: the 20th century ended with P Senge´s question "How do organizations learn?"
Today we are looking at specific tools, instruments, software, etc., to land this theory in our daily practice. Managing learning processes in a knowledge society is a complex task, drastically different from our past practices
. Briefly I can only list a few of the most important objectives:
1. Learning = output of a social system, opposed to the traditional business culture of "training designed to lower costs or improve profits"
2. Replacing traditional logic with Senge´s systems logic: systemic thinking & systemic learning-teaching.
3. New focus on human beings who freely learn in a continuous life-cycle.
4. A new "Value Model" and deep cultural change from "profit maximization" to a harmonic sense of "wealth" for human development.
5. Participative Management, re-design of decision-making process & update of Leadership away from Superman´s model.