Characteristics of a Learning Organisation: The 7 Dimensions of Watkins and Marsick
Gerard Leigh, Business Consultant, United Kingdom, SIG Leader
Hi Mr Janssen - Of course, the 5 Disciplines offered by Senge is only one viewpoint towards LOs.
As an example, Watkins and Marsick describe 7 Dimensions of a Learning Organisation
1. The creation of continuous learning opportunities
2. The promotion of inquiry and dialogue
3. The encouragement of collaboration and team learning
4. The establishment of systems to capture and share learning
5. The empowerment of everyone toward a shared vision
6. The connection of the organisation with its environment
7. The provision of strategic leadership for learning
An interesting overview of their thoughts can be seen in the research paper
MARSICK, V. J. 2013. The Dimensions of a Learning Organization Questionnaire (DLOQ): Introduction to the Special Issue Examining DLOQ Use Over a Decade. Advances in Developing Human Resources.