Common Reasons for Root Cause Analysis?
Root cause analysis, as any other improvement initiative, should only be done if it brings benefits for the business.
I've supported various organizations in deploying root cause analysis, which had different valid business reasons for doing it.
So my question to you is: what is your most important business reason to do root cause analysis (for software development / maintenance)?
- To improve your delivery chain?
- Enabling your organization to become leaner and release software faster and quicker?
- To optimize your processes to lower operational costs?
- To reduce your project and/or operational risks?
- To deliver highest quality software to your customers?