Key Features of Action Learning
Andy Radka, Director, United Kingdom, SIG Leader
Here's a list of the key features of Action Learning (AL) in a business context.
- Small action sets with people who work together in a supportive and challenging way with each other
- Clear ground rules for action set behaviour and an assurance of ‘airspace’ for members of the sets
- Clarity of sponsorship and support mechanisms
- Use of business problems, issues or challenges to be the ‘learning vehicle’ where people are part of the challenge and the challenge is part of them
- Use of reflective learning logs to capture personal learning
- Adoption of an AL cycle with emphasis on both action and learning
- An effective balance between programmed knowledge e.g. best practice, models, tools and the questioning insight which needs to take place for effective reflection and learning
- Facilitation to support individuals when taking responsibility for their own learning and when working collaboratively t...