The 4 A's of Rural Marketing
Rural marketing is somewhat different from traditional marketing as far as India is concerned. In India there are many definitions given on the basis of theory and practicability. We can define it on the basis of quantitative and qualitative criteria:
- If we are defining rural areas on a quantitative basis we might say: we'll consider a place with less than 10000 population as a rural market.
- If we are defining rural areas on a qualitaitve basis, then traditions, majority of occupation, lack of technology etc. are major factors to define a rural market.
In rural marketing the 4P's of traditional marketing are replaced by the 4A's:
- Acceptability (product size, color and packaging is acceptable or not)
- Affordability (price is under the budget of rural consumer or not)
- Availability (place or distribution channel to avail the product to consumer in rural market)
- Awareness (promotional activities to make people aware about the use of the product).
If you need more about it please let me know. Thanks.