Pareto Principle for Designing Information Systems

12manage is looking for contributors...

Pareto Principle > Forum Log in

Pareto Principle for Designing Information Systems
Roulier, Member
Iíve been spending a lot of time designing Information Systems for customers and found the Pareto principle also very useful to help the user focus on important matters and avoid costly implementations that are used once in a while.
This is the way I put it: let's find 80% of your activities where automatization (an IT system) will reduce it to 20% of your time so that you can spend the 80% remaining of your time on the 20% that are really complex (and/or cannot easily be automated).
It doesn't always work;-(but at least it gives them an opportunity to think about the value of their time and the cost of their IT.

Pareto in Information Analysis
Kurt Ludikovsky, Member
I find your IT example somewhat risky. If I have an IT-System, I do automate a process. And I have to automate all or nothing. Because, how do you recombine the automated and manually executed parts together? This might then take more effort, than what you saved before!



  Do you wish to study further? You can learn more from the summary, forum, discussions, lessons, courses, training, instructions, expert tips, best practices and education sources. Register.  

Special Interest Group Leader

You here

More on Pareto Principle
Best Practices

Expert Tips


About 12manage | Advertising | Link to us / Cite us | Privacy | Suggestions | Terms of Service
© 2018 12manage - The Executive Fast Track. V14.1 - Last updated: 16-7-2018. All names ô of their owners.