Make your Employee Value Proposition More Human?
According to recent Gartner HR research, in order to attract and retain talent and increase employee satisfaction and organizational commitment
, organizations should rethink their "Employee Value Proposition" (EVP) and deliver a more "human deal". Today, HR leaders have to include more than just a good salary and even great benefits and perks in their EVP-mix. Companies must now offer a more human deal that centers on the "whole person".
Why? Employees increasingly expect a life experience – not just an employee experience – that match their needs.
Such new "human deal" and life experience encompasses 5 attributes:
- DEEPER CONNECTIONS between work and private life.
- RADICAL FLEXIBILITY: Employees should have extensive control over their own work and schedule.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: Career coaching, community service, extensive learning opportunities.
- HOLISTIC WELL-BEING: From financial and family well-being to mental health.
- SHARED PURPOSE: Between the employee and their organization
❗Note that to actually make this happen, managers are playing a crucial role.
The result? According to the research firm, employee satisfaction may increase by up to 15%.
⇨ What do think? Should companies and managers show more interest and get more involved in the private life of their employees
, or should managers maintain a distance to the private life of their staff, and respect their privacy?
Read more: "Reinventing the Employee Value Proposition: The Human Deal" (2021), Gartner.