How to Become an Agile Employer?
Prof. Arup Barman, Professor, India, Premium Member
Trust is a fulcrum (Editor: ~ a supporting pillar) for managing business in agile way.
So, how much trust should an employer have in its employees? How can it build and restore the trust between the employees and itself as an employer.
All employers today, must trust the employees to perform agile work, in an agile culture, technology, environment. In other words it should have trust in flexible work, a flexible culture, flexible technology, and in a flexible environment.
Maitland and Thomson set out the five principles acronym "TRUST" for assisting organisations to successfully transit to agile working. These 5 principles to transform into an agile employer are:
- T - Trust your people. Openness to change, delegation and relations
- R - Reward the output, not the input.
- U - Understand the business case.
- S - Start at the top. Change, culture, time management and tenacity.
- T - Treat people as individuals. Appreciation, ada (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.
Sign up for free Log in