What is an Agile Mindset? Attributes of Personal Agility
Lately we read a lot about organizational agility. To make organizations agile, we need agile people. An agile mind-set accepts everything as lessons, adjusts actions according to feedback or requirement (i.e. adaptiveness), proceeds toward desired outcomes, and works for continuous improvement.
A person or individual with an agile mind attacks his work with a positive attitude, provides and receives suggestions to overcome obstacles. People with an agile mindset believe that "there is no failure, failure is only feedback".
Here are 5 common attributes of individuals with an agile mindset
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE
- They believe "there are challenges everywhere".
- They understand people are only human and make mistakes.
- Everything and everyday can not be perfect and can't go well.
- They never give up, even when facing a failure.
- THIRST FOR KNOWLEDGE
- They never think "I am doing my best", but perceive there still is plenty room for improvement.
- They have an inquisitive mind and like to study more to get more knowledge.
- They adapt easily, use experience-based techniques, and make use of exploratory testing.
- They ask five "Ws”: Who, What, When, Where, and Why is this relevant to their work.
- GOAL OF TEAM SUCCESS
- They share knowledge.
- They aim to lessen key person dependencies while at work.
- They have a common understanding of the goals to achieve and the resources needed to achieve these goals.
- As a team member they are always ready to move from their comfort zone.
- They always consider analyzing feedback useful.
- They try to spot where there are still defects or issues.
- They identify the real constraint(s).
- WILLINGNESS TO FAIL & LEARN
- They learn from failures.
- They diagnose the causes of failures.
- They never hide failures.
⇒ Do you agree these are the main traits of agile persons?
Or am I missing one?