When is an Organization Design Good? 7 Indicators of an Effective Organization
Marten van der Zee, Analyst, Netherlands, Member
Today, most managers believe that happy, committed, actively involved employees and a positive corporate culture are important measures of effectiveness.
Richard L. Daft in his book '' says there are seven indicators of an effective organization as seen from an internal process approach:
1. Strong corporate culture and a positive working climate.
2. A high team spirit, group loyalty and teamwork.
3. Confidence, trust and communication between employees and management.
4. Decision making near sources of information, regardless of where those sources are on the organizational chart.
5. Undistorted horizontal and vertical communication; sharing of relevant facts and feelings.
6. Good rewards to managers for performance, for growth and development of workers and for creating an effective work group.
7. Interaction between the organization and his parts, with conflict that occurs over projects resolved in the interest of the organization. (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.
Sign up for free Log in