I found that other models and concepts came after SECI model. Referring to history,
- "Since 1975, the knowledge management (KM) related developments have been the emerging subject in organizations" (Wigg, 1997).
- The momentum in knowledge management popularity came after Harvard Business Review published the first article by Nonaka, 1991 on “The Knowledge-creating Company”.
- In 1995, Oxford University Press published the book on “The Knowledge-creating Company – How Japanese companies create the dynamics of innovation” by Nonaka and Takeuchi.
- By 1997, numerous KM conferences were held in the US, Europe, Asia and Africa. Papers related to KM in journals and knowledge management-related books were published (Wigg, 1997).
- The SECI model was regarded as a dynamic model and was well received by the management practitioners (Rice and Rice, 2002). (...) Read more? Sign up for free