13nd School of Thought on Strategic Management: The Case School
Bernhard Keim, Business Consultant, Germany, Premium Member
Every company is looking and seeking for opportunities. Whoever is entitled to do this in an organization: before you start to consider and implement any strategy, the case and what it means to the organization must be clear:
- What makes us believe that this might be a good opportunity?
- On what assumptions are our convictions based?
- What happens if we are right, what if wrong?
- What does it need to succeed? Where are the obstacles to overcome?
- Last, but not least: How will the customers react on the new solutions we want to provide for them? How will they acknowledge...?
- And: are we the right kind of organization to deliver such solution? Can we deliver it better than anyone else? Why?
The world outside the organization is not static. It is changing all the time. How do we perceive change and how do we catch opportunities?
Get all arguments clear before your start anything and be aware that you might be wrong.
Whatsoever: you have to built up your case before you fol (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.
Sign up for free Log in