Principles of Human Motivation
ANTONIO BARRANCO RUIZ, Director, Spain, Premium Member
1. Have a reason. Adults want to see a purpose in what we do.
2. Develop a sense of responsibility. People should be proud of their accomplishments.
3. Employees need to know that we take them into account. Involve them in the task, enrich their work.
4. Give recognition, stimulation and approval. The greatest human need is the need for appreciation.
5. Link rewards to performance. In life and in work, there are values.
6. Provide rewards that are valued.
7. Promote healthy competition to avoid disloyalty. The team spirit must prevail as mutual support.
8. Be accessible. Barriers in communication creates misunderstanding.
9. Welcome people in public and correct them in private.
10. Practice active listening with your team, set up meetings, promote coexistence.
11. A high self-esteem of the head will spread to the others.
12. Consider the internal reasons.
13. Give opportunities by delegating in your team.
14. Let people make mistakes and teach them what is correct: it´s pa (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.
Sign up for free Log in