List of Criticisms on Maslow's Pyramid of Needs
Chikomo, Entrepreneur, Zimbabwe, Member
Besides the criticisms already mentioned in the summary:
1. In reality, people don't necessarily go through these levels in that order.
2. Different people with different cultural backgrounds and in different situations may have different hierarchies of need.
3. Other needs are also significant or even more significant.
I also suggest the following:
4. The pyramid is somewhat strict in the sense that Maslow assumes that an individual satisfies each need one at a time. I beg to differ in such a reasoning because there are cases when one person can satisfy multiple needs at the same time.
5. Also it should be remembered that we can have lower level needs at any time, even if these lower level needs were once satisfied.
Is this list now complete?...Register