Necessary Skills of Marketers
Paula Kokare, Project Manager, Switzerland, Premium Member
According to Kotler (1972), effective marketing consists of analysing, planning, organising and controlling marketing efforts:
- ANALYSIS: marketers have to be good at
- Market analysis to identify the characteristics and demands of the market, and
- Product analysis to facilitate identification of market opportunities.
- PLANNING: marketers have to master:
- Continuous product development planning, which allows marketers to identify sources of new ideas and ways to market products better, i.e. packaging, identifying additional product features and testing those.
- Planning the pricing of the goods effectively to include all desired features at prices that an organization can afford to sell and customers are willing to pay for.
- Distribution planning is essential for the marketers to determine the most effective ways to deliver the planned product at the right time and - by most effective and efficient means- to the right place.