Advantages of Management by Exception
Management by Exception is a management technique by which managers concentrate only on exceptional deviations instead of trying to correct each and every deviation.
The advantage of the technique of management by exception is that it allows the manager to concentrate on problems that need his attention and to avoid dealing with those that can be well handled by the subordinated themselves.
1. It allows the manager to devote more time for important issues by letting the subordinates deal with the issues of a routine nature.
2. The manager need not bother about routine matters.
3. Since the manager devotes more time for vital issues, he will be able to make better decisions.
4. The subordinates are given authority to make decisions on certain matters without any interference by the executives.
5. The management is also able to utilize the available talent at the lower levels
6. Helps to identify the responsible person.