How to Develop a Clear Vision (Kotter)? Ideas
The 8-Step Change Model sets out the eight key phases of any major change effort, arguing that neglecting any of the steps can be enough for the whole initiative to fail. By paying close attention to these 8 steps, you can avoid many frequently made mistakes in changing organizations and avoid wasting a lot of money and effort.
According to John Kotter, for an (organizational) change to happen, the third step is to create a strategic vision that helps everyone understand why the change is needed and why you're asking them for their support.
Some ideas to develop a clear overall vision are:
- Consider all ideas and values relevant to the intended change.
- Develop the desired future state at which you intend to arrive (see Strategic Vision).
- Develop the outline of the strategy you intend to use (see Business Strategy and Corporate Strategy).
- Develop a short statement (elevator pitch) that accurately describes the vision.
- Practice this elevator pitch among the change team.
- Consider using stories to backup the vision (see Storytelling).
⇒ Please share any further best practices on developing a clear overall vision by entering a reaction. Thank you...