How to Establish a Sense of Urgency (Kotter)? Ideas
Jaap de Jonge, Editor, Netherlands
The 8-Step Change Model sets out the eight key phases of any major change effort, arguing that neglecting any of the steps can be enough for the whole initiative to fail. By paying close attention to these 8 steps, you can avoid many frequently made mistakes in changing organizations and avoid wasting a lot of money and effort.
According to John Kotter, for an (organizational) change to ever happen, the first step has to be to make the whole company/organization really want it.
Some ideas to achieve a sense of urgency are:
⇒ Please share any further best practices on establishing a sense of urgency by entering a reaction. (...) Read more? Sign up for free
- Analyze various parties and their interests (see , ).
- Analyze threats and opportunities (see ).
- Develop scenarios (see ).
- Obtain support from stakeholders, shareholders, customers, experts, consultants, etc. (see ).
- Start open discussions among the management and workforce (see ).