Effective Project Communication
Sujatha Nambiar, Consultant, United States, Member
To ensure team collaboration and tasks completion, effective communication must be implemented for projects.
Communication is the most important tool when handling large complex global projects:
- At project kick off, rules must be laid down on this aspect, the do's and don'ts and which method to communicate on issues.
- This must be clearly detailed out in a document that everyone on a particular project is made aware of the requirements.
- A point of escalation for each role must be identified to ensure continuity and success of the project.
- Approach to phone calls versus emails must be detailed out - which appropriate tool to be used in which type of situation.
- A non-response to email or phone call for any critical request of over 24 hours must be followed up with the back up team. The usage of out of office notification must be adhered to if any particular person is going to be away from their working area for more than 3 hours.
Most of the problems we see today in a (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.
Sign up for free Log in