Best Practice: Five Crucial Project Conversations
The success or failure of major projects can be predicted by examining the quality of 5 crucial conversations that must take place, yet which are often neglected:
1. Are we planning around facts? (or are milestones unrealistic or predetermined)
2. Is the project sponsor providing support?
3. Are stakeholders faithful to the process?
4. Are the progress and risks honestly assessed?
5. Are all team members contributing?
There are also 5 supporting best practices to foster a culture of candor and rapidly improve project execution:
1. Make the case for the 5 issues;
2. Measure project performance;
3. Make it easy to discuss,
4. Make it safe to discuss;
5. Influence by teaching (train soft skills).
Source: MIT Sloan Management Review Summer 2007, David Maxfield, Joseph Grenny and Andrew Shimberg
. (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.
Sign up for free Log in