In their book "Radical Marketing: From Harvard to Harley, Lessons From Ten That Broke the Rules and Made It Big", Glenn Rifkin and Sam Hill lay out a set of marketing innovation guidelines that can help companies to adopt a Radical Marketing approach
1. The CEO must own the marketing function.
2. The marketing department has to start small and flat and stay small and flat.
3. Get face-to-face with the customers.
4. Use market research cautiously.
5. Hire only passionate missionaries, not marketers.
6. Love and respect customers as individuals, not as numbers on a spreadsheet.
7. Create a community of customers.
8. Rethink the marketing mix.
9. Celebrate common sense and compete with larger competitors through fresh and different marketing ideas.
10. Be true to the brand and obsessive about brand integrity. (...) Read more? Sign up for free