10 Differences Between a Boss and a Leader
ANUJ KUMAR SHRIVASTAVA, Manager, India, Premium Member
I would like to start this article with a simple quote: "Every Leader is a Boss, but Every Boss is not a Leader"
To build our understanding of this topic, let's focus on some typical DIFFERENCES between the two categories mentioned:
1. A boss Drives his workers. A leader Coaches them.
2. A boss depends on Authority. A leader depends on Goodwill.
3. A boss creates Fear. A leader creates Enthusiasm.
4. A boss will always say I. A leader will say WE.
5. A boss Knows how it is done. A leader Shows how it is done.
6. A boss Blames someone on a breakdown. A leader Fixes the breakdown.
7. A boss Uses people. A leader Develops people.
8. A boss will say: Go! A leader will say: Let's go!
9. A boss gives Commands. A leader Asks.
10) A boss will Take the credit. A leader will Give credits.
Now consider the differences. There is only a small change of words in every sentence. But this change of wording makes a big difference! What ... Read more? Sign up for free
Read all responses and join this discussion yourself.
Accelerate your career and personal development with 12manage, the leading management platform.