10 Differences Between a Boss and a Leader
ANUJ KUMAR SHRIVASTAVA, Manager, India, Member
I would like to start this article with a simple quote: "Every Leader is a Boss, but Every Boss is not a Leader"
To build our understanding of this topic, let's focus on some typical DIFFERENCES between the two categories mentioned:
1. A boss Drives his workers. A leader Coaches them.
2. A boss depends on Authority. A leader depends on Goodwill.
3. A boss creates Fear. A leader creates Enthusiasm.
4. A boss will always say I. A leader will say WE.
5. A boss Knows how it is done. A leader Shows how it is done.
6. A boss Blames someone on a breakdown. A leader Fixes the breakdown.
7. A boss Uses people. A leader Develops people.
8. A boss will say: Go! A leader will say: Let's go!
9. A boss gives Commands. A leader Asks.
10) A boss will Take the credit. A leader will Give credits.
Now consider the differences. There is only a small change of words in every sentence. But this change of wording makes a big difference! What is the reason for this effect?
According to human psyc (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.
Sign up for free Log in