Focus on Reusable Knowledge
An approach to Knowledge Management can advance from two-fold (Tacit and Explicit) to three-fold (Tacit, Explicit and Reusable Knowledge) by the application of reuse. This improves the state of the entire effective knowledge of the organization while it also enables us to:
- Identify and select better knowledge free from errors because of increases in a reusable knowledge.
- Identify, select and separate more useful tacit and explicit knowledge
- Quantify the knowledge of the organization more effectively
- Use knowledge more confidently and frequently due to increased confidence of the users
- Achieve faster knowledge transfer once we establish our knowledge reuse repository
Knowledge is a function of time in any organization and will continuously evolve with time. However, the available knowledge will not always evolve in the right direction as per the requirements of the company. A key point is that we should not increase any information, the point is how can we increase the useful knowledge?
Knowledge reuse is not only an asset for an organization but it sets a pattern between technologies, techniques, and people. Time and reusability both are important and valuable for any organization. How to find an appropriate approach to reusable knowledge management?