MBA? PROs and CONs for Individuals, Companies and Society
Paula Kokare, Project Manager, Switzerland, Premium Member
Management researcher Yehuda Baruch has analyzed benefits and costs of MBA degrees. He classifies the impacts of an MBA in three categories: the individual level, company level and society as a whole.
- PROS: The main advantages gained during MBA studies attributable to individual themselves include additional:
- Personal competencies
- Network of contacts
- Prestige attached to gaining the “MBA” title.
- CONS: Individual costs, however, consist of the:
- Financial investments
- Opportunity cost of the time dedicated for the studies.
- The value added to individuals already having a first degree made in general management to highly focused professional roles and to high rank executives has been often disputed.
- PROS: Investing in MBAs is seen as utilization and development of their tangible and intan (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.