Work from Home Tips
As most of today's workforce are now forced to work from home at the outbreak of COVID-19, I have found a hosts of sources with many tips coming from experts to be effective in working from home. For clarity I extracted the main ones. So here are my Top-5 tips to work from home effectively
1. SET A DEDICATED PLACE FOR WORK: Most experts recommended to set a dedicated place/spot in your home for office work. It will help to come into office mood early and also give other members of your family the idea that you are working. Eventually it will help you to avoid distractions which is a evil for your effective WFH.
2. SET EXPECTATIONS EACH DAY: Clear things up at the beginning of the day. Like what you are going to accomplish that day, when you are expected to be available in front of laptop/pc, when they should communicate with you and how they should communicate with you, what if you couldn't receive a call etc.
3. START AND END YOUR DAY WITH GROUP CALL: If you are leading a team, this tip may come in handy. If you start and end your day with a short video chat with your teammates, it will help clear the boundary between work and life which becomes blurred when we work from home.
4. ARRANGE DIFFERENT MEANS FOR COMMUNICATION: It won't be a good judgment to think everyone in your team are habituated with your preferred means for communication. So, broaden your horizon, give them options and let them use their preferred means for communication.
5. GET REGULAR FEEDBACK: For most of us, working from home is a new reality. Very few companies had policies beforehand to guide employees in this new work system. Therefore, It will be wise to get regular feedback from your team on how the current system is working for them.
These were my preferred tips to share with you. I know you may have some others. Will be happy if you share. Thanks.