KINGSLEY ADUGA, Member
Employee profiling is the gathering of useful/vital information about employees to enable you describe them well for the purpose of placing them at appropriate jobs and positions within the organisation. It is also done for the purpose of determining their suitability for employment, retention and promotion.
The various methods for employee profiling include:
- Review of resume/curriculum vitae.
- Filling of forms and questionnaires.
- Background verification.
- Performance Evaluation, particularly the use of 360 degree
method of Evaluation.
- Placing employees in work teams.
- Observation: personal observations by supervisors, managers or colleagues. Sometimes this could be deliberately done.
: placing an employee under a mentor can reveal a lot about the employee.
- Counseling: counseling sessions with experienced psychologists can also help to reveal a lot about the employee.
- Review of state criminal records.