15 Obstacles to Making Decisions
Matthias Bittrich, Business Consultant, Germany, Premium Member
What kinds of obstacles do you know to making (correct) decisions?
Here is my collection of common reasons which may or will lead to bad decisions. I am looking forward to hearing your further obstacles and experiences about them.
1. "Gambler's fallacy" (Daniel Chen (ETH Zurich) - a kind of misbelief in compensatory justice)
3. Weakness. Jeff Bezos: "At 5 pm I can no longer think about important things. We then try to tackle something like this again the next day at 10 A. M. / Three good decisions a day.. Are quite enough."
4. Constant distraction (mobile phones, emails)
5. Lack of information
6. Multitasking (Book "The Organized Mind:.." by Daniel J. Levitin)
9. Analysis-paralysis (there is never an end to the amount of information)
10. Supporters (Not talk to critics to hear other arguments)
11. Source of information (Is this your own analysis or is it from a team with different approaches and interests?!)
12. Forget asking 3x why (t (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.
Sign up for free Log in