Questioning is an underrated tool of communication, and people usually don't ask enough questions in conversations. Among various reasons behind the resistance of enquiring, Wood Brooks and John (2018) believe that the biggest one is that most people don't know how beneficial good questioning can be. Research indicates that asking questions can and also be useful in , two main goals of most conversations.
HOW TO BECOME A BETTER QUESTIONER
How can people become a better questioner? Wood Brooks and John (2018) suggest people pay attention to the type, framing, sequence, tone, and dynamics of their questions as these elements influence the quality of a conversation:
- TYPE OF QUESTIONS. In people's natural conversations, there usually have four types of question:
- Introductory ("What's your name?");
- Mirror ("I'm alright. How about you?");
- Full-switch (ones that change the topic entirely); and
- Follow-up (ones that el (...) Read more? Sign up for free