25 Common Presentation Mistakes and Tips
Jaap de Jonge, Editor, Netherlands
Some people have a natural talent for public speaking. But of course, those without such innate abilities can improve their presentation skills as well.
Here's a list of frequently made presentation mistakes and pitfalls (most of them I made myself 😃). Hopefully this will help you to avoid the most common presentation pitfalls:
- Not considering the PURPOSE for this presentation (what is your aim, what are you trying to achieve, when is it successful)
- Insufficient PREPARATION (subject, content, invitation, travel directions)
- Insufficient REHEARSING (practice for some friends)
- Not considering your AUDIENCE beforehand (who are they, what are they interested in, what's in it for them. In small groups, you can also ask for their expectations at the beginning of your presentation)
- Not considering PRE-READING HAND OUT (allow your audience to prepare)
- Not checking the EQUIPMENT (projector, microphone, (...) Read more? Sign up for free
Please register now to read all responses and to join this discussion yourself. It's easy and 100% free.
Sign up for free Log in