Hygiene Factors & IS
Hi Kika, (if i may address you so ...)
When there is an integrated system which provides for all the personal data and the employees have a single window where they can get all required data / resolution this would lead to a great level of satisfaction ( not motivation ):
01. get a status check on any of his applications.
02. understand the policies and answers to their queries.
03. would be able to concentrate on his role and what he needs to deliver as business deliverables and leave the hygiene factors to be taken care by the respective stakeholders.
04. there is a record and a status update on the query / request.
05. The system needs to be driven by SLAs / workflows and escalation mechanism to drive it to optimum efficiency.
Will and the commitment should be seen from the top management, need to implement this in letter and spirit, it is not enough if the system is launched and there is no commitment and drive from the management.