Quotes on Servant Leadership and Servanthood
Here are some good quoatations I collected on servant leadership:
- To manage, one must lead. To lead, one must understand the work [and the people] that he and his [team] are responsible for. – Deming [Out of the crisis]
- To understand the work/ people that he and his team are responsible for, one must serve. – Jesus Christ [Mark, Chapter 10, vv. 43 and 44]
- To serve, one must follow. – Jesus Christ [John 12:26]
- Right leadership – “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind…
- Effective leadership – “…and love your neighbor as yourself.” – Jesus Christ [Luke 10:27]
- There are no self-appointed leaders; “leader” is a title given only by those who choose to follow.
- Every leader cares enough about the impact they are having on others to continually renew and improve it.
- Leadership bears no relationship to position / title / rank.
- Leaders are born and made.
- Everyone has equal born-in leadership potential; not everyone realizes that potential through made-in human performance.