Barriers and Obstacles to Globalization
Hasubi D Njoki, Management Consultant, Uganda, Member
: Other factors that affect globalization include:
3. Restricting Policies
- Immigration policies that restrict free entry
- Trade policies that promote protectionism and restrictions to free flow of trade & commerce.
- Some cultures restrict free human interactions like marriages.
- Language and communication can constitute barriers
- Some persons of some ethnic or social class may be denied free entry and movement in some countries.
- Movement around the world requires substantial resources, which people from poor countries cannot afford, constraining free movement of labor
7. Poor Education and Technology
- Double edged
- The less educated have limited market and choice where to offer their labor.
- Technology can also undermine free movement and contact of humans.