Cost Benefit Analysis for Smart Metering
prayag dutt, Member
A very nominal charge may be taken from the consumer by the electricity supplier after all things are taken care of by the supplier. May be in the form of monthly fixed charges. After that the consumer obtains the following benefits
1. Energy and information flow simultaneously. By this you can manage your demand as per the tariff rate provided by the supplier
2. You can book your demand in advance
3. Now consumers may become prosumers means consumer. Able to self generated electricity with the help of pv/wind/phev to the grid.
4. You are aware of your consumption pattern
5. It will help the electricity supplier to monitor the things in a better way so that outage may be prevented, and the consumer receives a good quality of electric supply...
These are a few, there are many more.