5 Ways to Set Up a Powerful CSR Program
Anneke Zwart, Student (University), Netherlands, Premium Member
In an article, Lain Hensley (2014) describes five approaches to successfully create authentic, powerful CSR programs.
- CROWDSOURCING: the argument here is that a bottom-up approach towards CSR programs is more efficient than a top-down approach. With bottom-up approaches, employees will be engaged in the process of creating ideas.
- ENLISTING CONSUMERS: if you align your organizationís mission with CSR in a major way, customers and partners are likely to engage.
- COLLABORATION: CSR programs built with partnerships sometimes create more on-the-ground results and goodwill relatively to those that are built from scratch for your own company.
- COMBINED PHILANTHROPY AND CORPORATE TRAINING: make philanthropy an integral part of your operations, for example through corporate events and trainings. In this way employees will be connected to, build empathy for, and collaborate on, your CSR projects.
- LONG-TERM, LASTING FOCUS: focusing on long-te (...) Read more? Sign up for free