According to Mark Daniel, if your company’s approach to corporate responsibility is not the right one, you will not inspire your personnel, create a sense of purpose and enhance your corporate and civic network. You have to check your are fulfilling your corporate responsibilities. Pay attention to:
• Workplace – Consider health and safety, and other employee issues.
• Business Systems – Set high corporate-behavior standards. Be sure your partners, franchisees and any other allied parties comply.
• Reporting – Deceptive or inadequate reporting processes can undermine your firm.
• Governance – Avoid shareholder lawsuits by staying righteous.
• Customer rights – This litigious area is growing more important daily.
• Environment – Stay on the right side of this emotional, high profile issue.
• Community – Become an active part of your community; it’s smart business. Take responsibility. (...) Read more? Sign up for free