Role of HR Director in Corporate Governance
K.Narayana Moorthy, HR Consultant, India
The prime role of Director (HR) is to motivate the employees to go in the right direction and align them to the values of the company. This fits very well into one of the important functions of the Corporate Governance. Following are in my view the roles/responsibilities of the HR Director in Corporate Governance:
- Role: act as single point of contact for internal clients. Responsibility: Setting Challenging HR goals.
- Role: Support internal clients achieve Business Goals. Responsibility: Selling HR Projects/Initiatives to internal clients.
- Role: Leading Change Management Projects for internal clients. Responsibility: Being the contributing team member of the HR projects;
- Role: Designing robust succession pipelines and supporting talent management. Responsibility: Designing cross-functional development programs
- Role: Acting as independent advisor. Responsibility: Keeping HR processes in full compliance.