Next Generation Stage Gate Approach
Whereas most Stage Gate models have a qualitative, non-financial orientation, Strat/Assess
is a funnel innovation model, that can be used as a version of and in combination with the Robert G. Cooper Stage-Gate Model. Also it aligns as a more comprehensive alternative with the Bell-Mason Diagnostic which was adapted and improved.
What results is a next generation stage gate approach for:
1. Completing new business plans
2. Improving existing business plans
It contributes to a stretched decision-making oriented approach (especially financially by stage: most stage-gate models do not include the financial dimensions and implications) with "checks and balances" leading to "Survival of the fittest" business cases/projects/businesses.
Strat/Assess provides insight in business sensitivities like:
1. Optimism/realism risk
2. Financial risk
3. Non financial risks on timing, market criteria and core competences
4. Business development risk per business/project stage
5. Strategic and issue risks.
See also the descriptive demo
on the stratecution website.