Raising Productivity by Coaching

12manage is hiring Management/MBA Students!

Coaching > Forum Log in

Raising Productivity by Coaching
Nowfal, Member
Be patient + be patient + be patient = success in coaching, but it is too hard to raise the productivity by coaching only.
There are too many factors involved to increase the productivity and there are too many theories we have to apply.
I spent 12 years in the banking industry and unfortunately I did not find which theory will work with employees + management + my believes.
We should use most of the theories or at least know all of them to determine the best way to deal with employees and get the most productivity through them.
One of my friends from the USA in the banking industry once told me something very nice and useful, but it is not scientific statement:
He said: Nowfal, you have to say to your employee the following sentence and leave them to get the results:
"Folks show me the money to get the honey!"
When I tried to use it, half of the staff returned to me and agreed to coaching.

Coaching to Raise Productivity: Focus on Attitude
Louise Sparks, Member
Hello Nowfal, I am not sure knowing all the theories will help you. Coaching can help raise your productivity. Theories and models are only 15% of what you will need to motivate, guide and mentor your team to success. The other 85% is in the attitude.
So the questions may be:
- What will help me to change the attitudes of my employees, my employer and myself?
- What can I do differently to lead a change in thinking?
- What are the core needs of these groups and how can I assist them to meet those needs?
Every team and organization is different, you will have to carefully think about your attitude and your team attitude and then increase the skill base towards excellence. It will of course mean looking carefully at the values and beliefs of the organization and all of employees in your care.
If their core belief is not valued - for instance - then that will directly effect their attitude to their work. So no matter how skilled they are, their productivity may not change because of their core belief.

Focus on Attitude
Charles Lawler, Member
I think Louise Sparks discussion of "attitude" is very helpful and wise. I think it is often overlooked as a rich source of information to work with in assisting an individual or team to find greater success. Thanks Louise!



  Do you wish to study further? You can learn more from the summary, forum, discussions, lessons, courses, training, instructions, expert tips, best practices and education sources. Register.  

Special Interest Group Leader

You here

More on Coaching
Best Practices

Expert Tips


About 12manage | Advertising | Link to us / Cite us | Privacy | Suggestions | Terms of Service
2018 12manage - The Executive Fast Track. V14.1 - Last updated: 22-6-2018. All names of their owners.