Checklist Effective Coach
Ifeanyi Uka, Management Consultant, Member
An effective coach should be a communicator, disciplined not judgmental. A good coach should be:
1. Creative. Get immersed in what you are doing and answers bubble up to the surface. Get it done/work hard.
2. Structured. Train them to bring solutions not problems.
3. Intuitive. Follow your intuition (instinctive knowledge)
4. Knowledgeable. Be ready to learn what works changes, share what you know.
5. Committed. Be a diplomat for the company. Don't cut corners.
6. Setting examples/standards.
7. Versatile. Avoid straightjacket thinking.
8. Light (sense of humor, set the boundaries). Don't bad mouth your boss/team.
9. Disciplined/focused. Face the future, be prepared for pain and pleasure. Seek feedback on your performance.
10. Big picture, small actions (the big picture is seeing your future reward from the present endurance).