Palmer, Dunford and Akin provide vision and direction for managers to think about their role in managing organizational change. They suggest that during the course of a change the following 6 Images of Managing Change (roles) are in play:
1. Director: this role will be played out different for situations like that of communicating change, sustaining change
2. Navigator: similar to the director role but this one is only given so much power
3. Caretaker: takes care of issues within change, again through various things like evaluating change
4. Coach: will coach the people within an organisation to carry out change or will sort out relevant issues
5. Interpreter: will interpret the change that is to be carried to staff, has strong link with moment
6. Nurturer: facilitates change, makes sure that everyone understands it.
These roles are in place during change, and can be used as a guide when an organization is undertaking change, making one aware of which (additional) roles are need (...) Read more? Sign up for free