A Simple 3-Step Approach to Career Development
Even a thousand mile journey starts with one step... In career planning and development, using the following simple three step process will set you going and keep you going:
1. CLARIFY YOUR WISH OR GOAL. Express and communicate widely.
2. ENGAGE THE WORLD AROUND YOU with your wish or goal using easy activities. Use groups and access expertise.
3. KEEP IMPLEMENTING AND INTERNALIZE the experiences to grow.
Now keep doing the above all your life… It is and has always been up to you!
Approach your job as if it is your own business. What would you do differently from what you do now?
Become successful by engaging those you admire!
- Do you keep people around you, above, below and peers, informed so they can do their work better with information?
- Do you delegate to people below you to grow the work they can do?
- Do you volunteer for work where you want to grow so that you grow more skills?
- Do you communicate for a WIN-WIN at all times?
These items must become habits and you will be guaranteed success.