Recommendations to Describe a Business Process
Sanjay Panchbhaya, Manager, India, Member
I would recommend following.
1. Chalk down the primary value chain of your business. This essentially means the high level steps from order to delivery.
2. Chalk down the supporting steps which are not directly part of the first one.
3. Mapp each of the steps listed in both points above with the department you want to be responsible for.
4. Check if this leads to conflicting operations under same department/person. e.g. raising PO and paying
5. Detail how would each department perform individual operation falling under it.